Several queries consume 100 % processor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J. ORIOL
Subject Several queries consume 100 % processor
Date
Re: Several queries consume 100 % processor
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have an app working over LAN , XP + Postgres 8.2. The problem is that a client send several queries and the processor show me 100 % usage. (P IV 3 Ghz with 1 Gb RAM) and stops all its tasks until queries finishes.

This queries are send from inside app code, should I create procedures for every one of the queries inside Postgres ?, How much response time will be improved with this ?

Any help will be useful for me, thanks.

J. Oriol Mujica F.
Bucaramanga - COLOMBIA

Correo Yahoo!