Re: Double-quoted table name, why ? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Double-quoted table name, why ?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Edward Leung wrote:
> I am a fresh learner of PostgreSQL 8.2 under Windows 2000 and
> use PgAdminIII to manage the system.
>
> I wonder why I need to double-quote the table name to get
> the table result or I get the ErrorCode: 42P01 without double-quotes.
> Under the standard SQL syntax, there is no need to do so.

What's the name of your table ? is it mixed-case ?

> Under the PgAdminIII help document, there is no double-quote shown in
> examples.

Double quotes are added to the name of the objects if the names need it
: mixed case, special characters, etc.

> Question:  Can I config NOT to use the double-quote for selecting a table ?

I don't think there is one.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com