Re: Spoofing as the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Spoofing as the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> "I can't start with the configuration you've given me, so I won't
>> start at all" is fairly normal behaviour for a server process, no?
>>

> Yes, we have talked about this in the past and there were concerns that
> that the server might have some network problem that would prevent
> binding on all interfaces, particularly IPv6.

This used to be our behaviour - IIRC we changed it along with the
listen_interfaces changes in 8.0 because we so frequently see
misconfigured networking.

I'm wondering if it might not be reasonable to restore it as switchable,
non-default behaviour.

cheers

andrew