Re: Newbie question about various convention content - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Newbie question about various convention content
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> I see that there are two up and coming PostgreSQL conventions:
>
> http://www.postgresqlconference.org/
>
> http://www.pgcon.org/2008/
>

> I am curious, are these conventions similar in nature or are they different animals altogether?

They are both PostgreSQL Conferences. PgCon is run by community member
Dan Langille and is a for profit venture. It is tied to the BSDCon that
he also runs. Although I have not gone, I have heard good things about
it. It is held in Canada.

PostgreSQL Conference is a community conference, run entirely by
community members of which I am one of the organizers. 100% of the
proceeds are 501c3 donations given to the PostgreSQL affiliated
non-profit Software in the Public Interest. It is being held in College
Park, Maryland.

You can see our reasoning for PostgreSQL Conference here:

http://www.postgresqlconference.org/why/

Our current committees are here:

http://www.postgresqlconference.org/contact/

Sincerely,