Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I did it for a group, works great (8.1 and 8.2). Now, I don't really
> know if this is really a feature or something overlooked. Either pgAdmin
> is wrong either psql is.

No, in 8.1+ it works for roles whether they are what we would call login
roles or group roles. In 8.0 and below we had separate users and groups,
but I'm not sure you could assign ownership to a group back then.

> I'll take a look at the query tool to see how to do this ("present a
> list of databases on the server"). Another call to wxSingleChoiceDialod
> seems a bad way to me... I'll need to add a new dialog, don't you think ?

Yes, I don't think it should be two dialogues.

/D