Re: Release Note Changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Release Note Changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Ah, glad you asked. It is now in the release note introduction that I
> added as part of this discussion:
>
>     http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/release-introduction.html
>
> I realize it wasn't documented but the issue was always open for
> discussion, as you have seen.   I think this is the first time we really
> talked about it because in the past no one had an issue with the policy.

Sure :). It is good to rehash things occasionally. It keeps us on our
toes and up with the times.

I do still think we need to figure out a way to resolve the underlying
issue though. Did you see my email to Tom on the matter? About grouping?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake