Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 10/12/2007 11:41, manoj nair wrote:

>        The error message on the left most corner of PGAdmin
> says..."Connection to database ...Failed" and the
> add server form or dialog box pops up again.
> there is nothing much happening other than this.

Yu should get a bit more than this....as an experiment, I stopped the
PostgreSQL service on my laptop (WinXP) and tried to connect with
pgAdmin - and a large window popped up quoting the error from libpq
("could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is
the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?") and giving all sorts of useful advice.

Do you not see something like this?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie