Re: [HACKERS] Uniform policy for author credits in contrib module documentation? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Uniform policy for author credits in contrib module documentation?
Date
List pgsql-docs
Tom,

> If we do want to keep credits in the SGML pages, how extensive should
> they be?  I already took it on myself to remove Gene Selkov's snailmail
> address, but do we even want email addresses there?  A lot of them are
> probably dead, and the ones that aren't are causing their owners to get
> extra spam, because an <email> link is about the easiest thing to scrape
> from a webpage that there could possibly be.

Historically, the only way to troubleshoot some of the contrib modules
was to e-mail the author.  If people think that we've reached a standard
that everything in /contrib is now well-documented and supported by the
general community, the I suppose we don't need contact information.  I'm
not so sure myself.

--Josh