Re: buildenv.pl/buildenv.bat - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: buildenv.pl/buildenv.bat
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When you redid the msvc build stuff you seem to have missed the
> documentatino.. Specifically, I notice that buildenv.pl isn't documented -
> docs still say buildenv.bat is the way to go.
>
> Also, do we now have both buildenv.bat and buildenv.pl? (I have them both
> in my environment, but that could be a result of being lazy)

My recollection is that I changed the minimum amount necessary, because
I was expecting us to go into beta at anmy moment (silly me). That might
be why we still have both. There was an expectation that some cleanup
might be required during 8.4 development. I know I left other .bat files
as wrappers for the perl scripts, but that's obviously not appropriate
here. I'll see if I can adjust builddoc.bat so we can get rid of
buildenv.bat.

As for documentation, you're probably right, I could easily have missed
it. I'll look into it.

cheers

andrew