Re: Integer datatimes vs msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Integer datatimes vs msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Did we ever come to a conclusion on what to do with integer datetimes on
>> msvc for 8.3?
>>
>> For the uninformed - 8.2 and earlier had the binary build with floating
>> point timestamps, 8.3 has integer timestamps. (We're just talking the
>> binary build here)
>>

> If you are preparing a binary package you can use whatever options you
> like. But I think in principle the MSVC defaults in our source code
> should mirror the Unix defaults.

Right. I know there are certainly linux distributions that change it to
integer timestamps (debian for example), so it's just a matter of what
we want to ship in the installer.

But if that's the consensus - Dave, unless you wrapped the new beta
already, please change that in your config file before you do!

//Magnus