News/events moderation policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject News/events moderation policy
Date
Re: News/events moderation policy
List pgsql-www
A while back we discussed a new policy for approval of news and events
on the website and -announce, which Josh drafted on
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/NewsEventsApproval

I have changed two things after rereading this morning:

- Allow 'family' projects to announce any production releases.
  Justification:
   - We have never prevented them doing so and never had any volume
related problems as a result.
   - Postgres users should be made aware of patch releases of important
projects like Slony, pgAdmin, phpPgAdmin, the drivers etc. without there
having to be a serious security issue, or having to subscribe to half a
dozen or more different lists/rss feeds etc.

- Allow companies to post more than one training event per month.
  Justification:
   - The homepage of the website now summarises events in a
volume-indepent manner to avoid favouring any one company.
   - We should provide details of all training events to our users
(through the events directory page) for their benefit, and to illustrate
the popularity of PostgreSQL.

Unless there are any objections to these changes, or other aspects of
the policy, I propose we start applying it to all new submissions from
Monday 3rd December.

Anyone disagree?

Regards, Dave