Re: [HACKERS] plperl and regexps with accented characters - incompatible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] plperl and regexps with accented characters - incompatible?
Date
List pgsql-general

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> Just as a followup, I reported this as a bug and it is being looked
>> at and discussed:
>>
>> http://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=47576
>>
>> Appears there is no easy resolution yet.
>>

> We might be able to do something with the suggested workaround. I will
> see what I can do, unless you have already tried.

OK, I have a fairly ugly manual workaround, that I don't yet understand,
but seems to work for me.

In your session, run the following code before you do anything else:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test((text) RETURNS bool LANGUAGE plperl as $$
return shift =~ /\xa9/i ? 'true' : 'false';
$$;
SELECT test('a');
DROP FUNCTION test(text);

After that we seem to be good to go with any old UTF8 chars.

I'm looking at automating this so the workaround can be hidden, but I'd
rather understand it first.

(Core guys: If we can hold RC1 for a bit while I get this fixed that
would be good.)

cheers

andrew