Column names in view - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Column names in view
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi all,

A funny one I see from time to time....I have one particular view which,
when I click "View data", doesn't show up the column names in pgAdmin.
It (pgAdmin) shows the names in two other views in the same database
without any problem.

SELECTing from the view in psql shows the column names, as does
SELECTing in the query tool.

There's nothing special about this view that I can see - it joins 5
tables together, and one column is calculated in the view (and given an
alias also).

I can send a dump of the database if it's any use - it's a development
one, and so quite small (160kb zipped).

Anyone else see this? I'm using pgAdmin 1.8 on Windows XP SP2, and PG
8.2.5 on the same machine. I seem to recall a bug along these lines in
an earlier version of pgAdmin

rod@iol.ie