Re: Query re disk usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: Query re disk usage
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Sounds like the WAL log. It's in the pg_xlog directory - verify that
> that's where the data is increasing.
>
> The WAL log is global and not per-tablespace, so it doesn't follow your
> tablespaces location.

Nope, it's the files in the pg_tblspc directory on my C drive, they are
named identically to the files in my tablespace directory on D drive and
have identical sizes. When I add data to a table in this tablespace, I
see concurrent increases in file size in both my own tablespace
directory and the pg_tblspc directory tree.

Eg within this directory tree I have a file 17177 which represents my
job_classification table, if I insert a bunch of records, the 17177 file
on my D drive increases in size as does the 17177 file in the pg_tblspc
subdirectory.

I can see the pg_xlog files, which aren't an issue as they are archived
off to E drive.

I've just noticed in the tablespace documentation (Ch 19.6) that PG
makes use of symbolic links that point to any user-defined tablespaces
but AFAIK W2K3 doesn't support symlinks.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator