Re: change to interfaces.html - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: change to interfaces.html
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Friday, November 16, 2007 15:57:57 +0000 Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>
>> - The general Open Source community's annoyance at MySQL GPL'ing their
>> drivers precisely because they want people to pay for the non-GPL licence.
>
> Isn't MySQLs Dual-Licensed, for that reason?  I don't believe CMDs is
> Dual-Licensed, is it?  Does CMD *have* a 'commercial version' of their ODBC
> driver that has more features?

No, and I didn't mean to imply it does. I believe CP are at the other
end of the scale from MySQL - MySQL are taking the restrictive stance,
whilst CP are taking the liberal stance.

It's the fact that the licence allows those different interpretations
that I believe is a serious problem.

/D