Re: change to interfaces.html - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: change to interfaces.html
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Just because a company does the primary development that does not mean
> it is not community code. Command Prompt is "core" on the ODBCng
> project. Nothing more.

Then you and I clearly have a different definition of 'community'. I use
the word to mean a project that is run under the community banner, e.g.
postgresql.org or pgfoundry.org or some other public open source project
site, and more importantly, is not likely to be mistaken as a poduct of
a commercial entity.

In this case the website is well and truly CP branded, clearly labelled
as commercially supported by you, and on a site which doesn't seem to
want to let me register as a contributor, and doesn't give me any clues
about where I should submit a patch, except possibly the mailing list -
but that doesn't say whether it's a developers list, announce list or
what :-(

I don't even seem to be able to log a ticket - there's no email address
I can see, nor is there an obvious 'Log a Ticket' link anywhere.

My only option seems to be the company providing commercial support, or
the big yellow 'Contact Us' button. Oh, hang on...

Regards, Dave