Re: URLs for 8.3 release - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: URLs for 8.3 release
Date
List pgsql-www
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm planning for the Press Kit to be at /about/press/presskit83.html.LANG,
>> as it was in previous versions.  In addition, this year we have a separate
>> page of features (due to length) which will be
>> at /about/press/features83.html.LANG.  Any objections to that location?
>
> Why not presskit83.LANG.html etc?  Just to make the files look more
> normal ...

NO!
That has to do with the language kit. For apache to deal with the
language properly, it has to be that way.

The idea being that if you just go to /about/press/features83 (which is
what we should *normally* be referring to!), it will pick up the
languagae from your browser and serve the correct page.

//Magnus