Re: 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatiblity issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatiblity issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> That's no doubt got something to do with it, but I think Tony is mighty
> confused about exactly what is failing.  pg_constraint.conkey is not
> text, for instance; it's smallint[] and so the quoted bit should still
> work just fine.  I'd suggest trying the query in some client that gives
> you an error location pointer, which whatever he's using evidently does
> not.
>
>             regards, tom lane

You are exactly correct, I copied the wrong line in the original
message, sorry about that, it was this line:

case when a.attnum as text IN( select array_to_string(conkey,',') from
pg_constraint where

which is fixed by adding a cast:

case when cast(a.attnum as text) IN( select array_to_string(conkey,',')
from pg_constraint where

I must have missed it in the release notes about the implicit casts not
working anymore.

It's going to be a huge pain in the ass to go through all the code and
add explicit casts :-(

Thanks,

Tony