Re: LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject Re: LDC - Load Distributed Checkpoints with PG8.3b2 on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yes I separate out as follows:
PGDATA  + 1 TABLE which needs to be cached (also workaround CLOG read
problem)
LOGS
DATABASE TABLES
DATABASE INDEX
to get a good view of IOs out

I have full_page_writes=off in my settings
I dont see spikes of increase on WAL during checkpoints (maybe due to my
setting) but the constant load which is in the range of about
2-2.5MB/sec which is not low but my load is high.

In my current run I do have async wal on with wal_writer_delay=100ms and
commit_delay off.

-Jignesh