Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Trevor Talbot wrote:
> On 11/12/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> The XP SP2 machine I tried 8.2.5 on was chewing up about 3.1KB per
>>> process, and it's not running anything invasive (AV or otherwise).
>> Then I think we can claim that Server is just better than Workstation in
>> this regard. Maybe we should put that in the FAQ?
>
> I think it's safe to claim 2003 is better than XP, but I'm not sure
> that's enough to generalize into server vs workstation yet.  It
> implies 2000 Server would be better than 2000 Pro, which might not be
> true.  I'm also wondering whether 64bit XP behaves differently, since
> IIRC it's based on the 2003 kernel.  Then there's Vista...

Valid points, of course. Specifically, it'd be interesting to know where
Vista stands, and possibly 2008 server. I don't care that much about
2000, really.

I don't have installations of either one, though.. :-(

//Magnus