Re: New tzdata available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: New tzdata available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>

>>> I think the first step is to install the zic binary along the rest of
>>> the stuff, so that a user without the source tree can compile the tzdata
>>> package.  Unless the compiled representation is portable, which I kinda
>>> doubt?
>>
>> Maybe wild idea, what's about use buildfarm to upload database for
>> tested platform in defined place?
>>

> No, that's really not what the buildfarm server is for. We have plenty
> of places where we can and do put prebuilt binary packages. We have a
> whole distributed download farm, in fact.

I meant to use build farm member for uploading their  generated timezone
files together with test result and put them somewhere on
ftp.postgresql.org. This feature should be disabled by default. However  it invoke a lot of questions how to do it
secure...Maybe it is really

too wild...

Zdenek