Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Schröder
Subject Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Schr=F6der?= <cs@deriva.de> writes:
>
>> I don't want to "kill -9" the processes because the last time
>> I did this the database was in recovery mode for a substantial amount of
>> time.
>>

> A useful tip on that: if you perform a manual CHECKPOINT just before
> issuing the kills, recovery time should be minimal.

Thanks for the tip. For the moment, I will leave the processes in their
current state to be able to perform further tests in case you need more
data. But when I will start feeling uncomfortable with the situation I
will follow your advice.

Regards,
    Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer