Re: should I worry? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: should I worry?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> I'm now testing 8.3beta2 on a relatively big (10G) database.
> I've tried with pg_dymp -Fc/pg_restore and pg_dump/pgsql and get those
> errors:

Could you be a bit more specific? The database you tried to restore to
was empty, right? Can you post the dump file (schema-only)?

> I'm also playing with checkpoint logging. What should I see? few buffers
> dump, little write time, little sync time?

Depends on how much activity there is. If there's a lot of dirty
buffers, a lot of written buffers and long write time is perfectly normal.