Re: young guy wanting (Postgres DBA) ammo - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: young guy wanting (Postgres DBA) ammo
Date
Re: young guy wanting (Postgres DBA) ammo  (Lew <lew@lwsc.ehost-services.com>)
List pgsql-general
At 12:35a -0400 on 02 Nov 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kevin Hunter <hunteke@earlham.edu> writes:
>> However, I'm not a DBA and only minimally know what's involved in doing
>> the job, so I don't have "ammo" to defend (or agree?) with my friend
>> when he says that "Postgres requires a DBA and MySQL doesn't so that's
>> why they choose the latter.
>
> He's full of it ... mysql is not any easier to run or tune.

I expected as much, but would you give me something more than "Because
Tom says so!"  Good enough for me, but not for a
non-Postgres-indoctrinated person, I fear.  ;-)

Thanks,

Kevin