Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Close previously open holes for invalidly encoded data to enter - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Close previously open holes for invalidly encoded data to enter
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Is this a TODO?
>>>

>> No, we're long past this point. We've dropped 'convert ... using' entirely.
>>

> The question is whether re-adding it should be a TODO.

One of the reasons we dropped it was that the spec didn't seem to make
sense. So if there's a proposal, first it would have to wait until we
can get sane multi-locale support and then it would have to explain how
it actually does what the spec says.

I don't think there's a definite TODO in that.

We don't seem to have had a single squawk since we dropped it, so I
suspect it will be little mourned.

cheers

andrew