Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Amiel
Subject Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Date
List pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:

No, it isn't.  Please add a TODO item about it:* Prevent long-lived temp tables from causing frozen-Xid advancement  starvation

Can somebody explain this one to me?  because of our auditing technique, we have many LONG lived temp tables.....(one per pooled connection)...so as long as the pool isn't disturbed, these temp tables can exist for a long time (weeks....months?)

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00690.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00691.php