Re: Wrong directory name for beta2 - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Wrong directory name for beta2
Date
Re: Wrong directory name for beta2  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> --On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 16:24:16 -0700 Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> <devrim@CommandPrompt.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> Darcy just pointed out that there is a problem with the beta2 directory
>> name for sources in the FTP sites. For beta1 , we have v8.3beta1, which
>> is the correct naming, and for beta2, we have v8.3beta .
>
>> I first would just rename the directory, but again Darcy reminded that
>> the announcement text includes "v8.3beta" directory. We need to symlink
>> it to beta2 for now, and then create beta3 (or whatever) directory next
>> time.
>
>> I'll create the symlink later today, unless someone objects.
>
> Do not create the symlink, the directory naming wasn't a mistake ... it was
> named without the trailing # at the request of JoshB, as it simplified pointing
> ppl to the binaries ... all future beta's will be put into the same directory,
> with the filenames themselves the only thing that will be changing ..

There's a big problem here, and that's that we are not consistent.
Things like that shouldn't just change "at the request of JoshB", it
should be discussed on the lists to determine all implications first...

//Magnus