Re: No lidbl.so in libpq.so (postgresql 8.4.4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No lidbl.so in libpq.so (postgresql 8.4.4)
Date
Re: No lidbl.so in libpq.so (postgresql 8.4.4)  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Gary Fu <gfu@sigmaspace.com> writes:
> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> Could you please explain a little more what you want to do actually ?

> I have the following problem to run 'configure' when building pgpool
> 2.3.3 with libpq from normal built of postgreSQL 8.4.4.

> configure:24789: result: no
> configure:24799: error: libpq is not installed or libpq is old

This is a bug in pgpool's configure script, which you should report to
them not us.  It's not our responsibility to supply libdl.

            regards, tom lane