Re: PostgreSQL .msi Installation Failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: PostgreSQL .msi Installation Failure
Date
List pgsql-general
Johnson Jesse wrote:
> I am trying to install postgreSQL v8.2.5 as a prerequisite for Firefox
> Bugzilla application on one of our network servers (Microsoft Server
> 2000).

> The logfile reads:

> fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... initdb: could not create directory
> "C:/Program Files": File exists
> initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data"

I'm guessing the postgres user doesn't have permission to read C:/ so it
can't see "Program Files" and can't create it.

This message suggests the same (found by googling "postgresql install
could not create directory")

http://www.jitterbit.com/PhpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2534&sid=5c3300459a4495fc3e187d9554a35b50

--
   Richard Huxton