New list for Name Change arguments; this list now moderated - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject New list for Name Change arguments; this list now moderated
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

Based on the complaints of numerous community members, I (and the other
two moderators) am now moderating this list.  I will be filtering out
all messages which have anything to do with the name change.

We will create a separate list for discussion of project nomenclature,
so that the folks who want to debate that can, without causing other
members of the community to get frustrated and unsubscibe from the list
(which is currently happening).

It really frustrates me to have to do this (I hate moderating, and I'm
about to have to do it from the road), but we can't afford for this list
to be disfunctional when we're trying to get out a release.

The new list for arguing about a name change is:
change_the_name@postgresql.org.  It should be available from the list
subscription interface soon, otherwise just go to:

http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr?domain=postgresql.org&func=lists-long-full&extra=change_the_name

Or send "subscribe change_the_name" to listserv@postgresql.org

--Josh Berkus