Re: subversion support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: subversion support?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Dave,

Dave Page schrieb:

> [...]

But it was implemented differently then the proposal above.

One way to implement it as easily as possible would be the ability
to link editor windows to file on disk, where you could have
the file version controled and changes to the file would show
up immediately in the edit window where edits in the window
could (with small delay) auto saved to the file.

This way you need not change pgadmin much while you can use cvs/svn
on your file system to do the VC stuff.

"only" a clever way for mapping (maybe based on object type)
configuration and the change detection (file notify, FAM, ...)
(the latter depending on the OS unfortunately)

Regards
Tino