Please help (backup) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anibal David Acosta
Subject Please help (backup)
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have a backup done with "pg_dump" utility.

For some reason the backup file has 8 phisical bad sectors (17 KB of data)

Now when I try to restore the backup all tables are created successfully
and data of almost all tables restores successfully too, but one table
(the most important) appear empty.

When I do a pg_restore <backup_file> its show all sql instructions and
data until arrive to the "damaged sector" and throws a "out of memory"
exception.

I want to know if is possible to fix the backup file removing the blocks
in the "bad sectors" in order to restore all other information.

something like file dump surgery :)

Thanks!

Anibal