Query problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Clemens Schwaighofer
Subject Query problem
Date
List pgsql-general
hi,

thats the first time I am a bit confused by a query not working.

I have this table:

gullevek=# \d test
                                 Table "public.test"
 Column  |       Type        |                       Modifiers
---------+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
 test_id | integer           | not null default
nextval('test_test_id_seq'::regclass)
 email_a | character varying |
 email_b | character varying |
    "test_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (test_id)

with this content:

gullevek=# select * from test;
 test_id |    email_a    |   email_b
---------+---------------+-------------
       2 | test@test.com | bar@foo.com
       1 | foo@bar.com   |
(2 rows)

if I do this select:

select * from (select test_id, email_a FROM test WHERE email_a =
'moo@boo.com') as s, (select test_id, email_b from test where email_b =
'bar@foo.com') as t;

I get no rows back. should it return something? subquery a doesn't
return one, because the email does not exist, b returns something.

how do I have to make the query so I get a result back and in one row?

--
[ Clemens Schwaighofer                      -----=====:::::~ ]
[ TEQUILA\ Japan IT Group                                    ]

Attachment