Re: Release notes introductory text - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Release notes introductory text
Date
Re: Release notes introductory text  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
<200710112004.l9BK4eq03596@momjian.us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> This release represents a major leap forward by adding significant new
> functionality and performance enhancements to
> <productname>PostgreSQL</>. Many complex ideas that normally take years
> to implement were added rapidly to this release by our development team.
You do realize that this will make many managers very reluctant to adopt
it before it has settled in for many months, right?
If the goal is to provide fair warning of a high-than-usual-risk
release, you've got it covered.
-Kevin