Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Rengstl
Subject Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?
Date
List pgsql-general
This error probably does not have anything to do with the case of your
database name. Instead you probably logged into a database which is not
MyTest, because it is not possible to log into a database x and make a
query on database y.

Christian Rengstl M.A.
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II
Kardiologie - Forschung
Universitätsklinikum Regensburg
B3 1.388
Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
93053 Regensburg
Tel.: +49-941-944-7230

>>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 10:05 AM, in message
<021126B987E43D44A860139823C079110E2BA6@orion.cdkkt.com>, "Daniel B.
Thurman"
<dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:

> I am finding out for the first time that by having a database
created
> with the name: MyTest, I cannot do a simple query as follows:
>
> postgres=# select * from MyTest.public.cars;
> ERROR:  cross- database references are not implemented:
"mytest.public.cars"

> Notice, however since I created a cars table in the postgres
database, I was
> able to do a query:
>
> postgres=# select * from postgres.public.cars ;
>
>  carid |     name     | vendor | type
> ------- +-------------- +-------- +------
>  H1    | Civic        | Honda  | FF
>  N1    | Skyline GT- R | Nissan | 4WD
>  T1    | Supra        | Toyota | FR
>  T2    | MR- 2         | Toyota | FF
> (4 rows)
>
> So the problem, it seems that mixed case database names might not be

> supported
> with pssql?  I have a feeling that the default character set is SQL-
ASCII and
> should be
> changed to something else?  What might that be and how can I
change/update
> the
> character- set (encoding)?
>
> Thanks!