Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 18 Mar 2018, at 03:09, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
>> Thanks for the review. I notice that cfbot has now flagged the patch as
>> failing, and when I look into it, it appears that cfbot is building with
>> your test patch, and without the xlog.c patch, and so the test naturally
>> fails. Does the cfbot require both patches to be attached to the same
>> email, in order to include them both?
>
> I believe so --- AFAIK it does not know anything about dependencies
> between different patches, and will just try to build whatever patch(es)
> appear in the latest email on a given thread.  Munro might be able to
> provide more detail.

Right, I should’ve realized when I didn’t include your original patch as well,
sorry about that.  Now we know that the proposed test fails without the patch
applied and clears with it, that was at least an interesting side effect =)

cheers ./daniel