Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jan Wieck wrote:
> On 9/29/2007 3:21 PM, Dave Page wrote:

It's a firm 'no'.

For the record, my view is that I find 'postgre' to be particularly ugly
and irritating to see used. I cannot help thinking that it's somewhat
insulting for people to fail in the simple matter of getting the name of
the project we work so hard on correct.

I believe we must do something to discourage its use, however, I don't
particularly mind if that is a wholesale change of our name to
'postgres', or promoting (yes, promoting - not just accepting) it as a
friendly name or alias.

/D