Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 9/26/2007 5:45 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Then why are we bothering trying?
>>
>> Because though we can't _stop_ them, we can certainly influence them.
>> Why are you asking such simplistic questions?
>
> It seemed odd to me. You said, "we can't stop them". So it seems like an
> awful lot of wasted effort to try.

Unless you are in complete denial by now you will have to agree that
Postgre is mostly a side effect of having PostgreSQL as any official
name instead of Postgres. Removing the tumor may not cure in an instant,
but you sure start the healing process doing so.

Jan