Re: Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5)
Date
List pgadmin-support
Kieran McCusker wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could I just mention a couple of requests:-
>
> 1. The first is to do with the treeview.  The use case is where my users
>    just connect to a single database (limited by datname).  Here the
>    treeview shows :-
>
>    Servers (1)
>    -> Server
>       -> Databases (1)
>          -> Database
>             -> Schemas (n)
>                -> Schema the actually want to look at
>
>    I wonder if it would be possible to collapse the treeview in this
>    case either using options -> display?
>
>    In this case the server is acting as a synonym for a database (as far
>    as the users are concerned) so you could imagine hiding the Servers,
>    Databases and Database leaving :-
>
>    Server
>    -> Schemas (n)
>       -> Schema the actually want to look at

I've been toying with the idea of having the treeview in a tabset in
which users can create new treeviews using a node on an existing one as
the root on a new one. I just haven't got round too it (too many ideas,
too little time :-( )

> 2. Allowing connect to server to specify both user and password.
>
>    This is another case where I have to create multiple connections to
>    the same database cluster to allow connection by different users
>    (standard user, superuser etc.).  It also discourages me from using
>    individual user ids for my users (always bad!).

That doesn't sound too hard - the dialog already has the required
controls on it (albeit hidden in the scenario you're using it in) - we
could just display them and default their values to what we currently use.

Anyone want a little starter project?

Regards, Dave.