Re: Searching for the cause of a bad plan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Searching for the cause of a bad plan
Date
List pgsql-performance
Csaba Nagy wrote:

> Well, my problem was actually solved by rising the statistics target,

Would it do more benefit than harm if postgres increased the
default_statistics_target?

I see a fair number of people (myself included) asking questions who's
resolution was to ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS; and I think relatively
fewer (if any?) people concerned about space in pg_statistic
or people improving analyze time by reducing the statistics target.