Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>> FAQ isn't strict technical documentation, and there aliases arn't too
>>> bad. Why do you thing so word Postgres needs any promoting?
>> Isn't it obvious from the number of people calling it Postgre that an
>> acceptable short form should be promoted?
>
> What people? The three or four that I run into once a month? So what...

Google groups shows 148 hits in the last month, including someone
setting up a postgre user community.

To get an un-skewed-by-this-thread number, I also searched for posts in
January. There were 172.

That's a lot more than 3 or 4 a month, even if you assume that 75% are
dups from later messages in the same threads. And it doesn't include the
vastly larger number of people that continue to use the incorrect name
but didn't post to a mailing list or newsgroup.

/D