Re: Low CPU Usage - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Low CPU Usage
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Luiz K. Matsumura" <luiz@planit.com.br> wrote:

> but in suddenly the performance slow down. We noticed that the problem
> was with the time to connect with the server, that was very slow.

> I think that was some DNS problem (but not sure), because one time we
> cleared nameserver clauses in the /etc/resolv.conf the performance
> return to the normal.

You may have it there.  In some versions of Java, on Windows, connection
times are horribly slow unless the machine's IP address has a reverse
DNS entry.  Perhaps the new machine lacks such an entry, or there's a
different version of Java in use?

-Kevin