Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I suppose I should weight in on this.

I think the first question is:  Is this the best way to go, long-run?
If it is, then we need to decide that first, and build a commitment to
"eventually get there."  For this, I think core *should* get feedback on
-general, but I also think this decision needs to be made by the core
team alone based on their review of the costs involved.

If the answer is yes to the above:

The second question is:  What sort of priority should this be?  This is
going to be a complex decision based on other priorities (building the
codebase, etc).   The community may be able to help speed things up, but
the core team will *also* need to answer this based on all the costs
involved.

Personally, I think the name change would be a good idea.  My major
hesitation is that I think that it will probably take a year or two
after such a commitment to actually switch everything over unless we
want the project to suffer delays as a result. :-)

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Attachment