Re: hu_HU.UTF8 case insensitive search fail to return values - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Albert László-Róbert
Subject Re: hu_HU.UTF8 case insensitive search fail to return values
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> "László-Róbert, Albert" <albertlaszlorobert@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> [ ILIKE fails to match case-insensitively in 8.1.2 ]
>>

> The ILIKE code doesn't work well at all in multibyte encodings in 8.1
> and before.  You should get reasonable results in one of the LATINn
> encodings (and a matching locale of course).  If you need to use UTF8,
> I recommend updating to 8.2 which handles multibyte characters better.
>
>             regards, tom lane

the administrator finally configured properly the postgres 8.2, and the
reported problem looks to be fixed. i ran successfully the ILIKE test on
hungarian language.
thanks for the tip.
regards, laszlo-robert, albert