Re: Connection Pooling directly on Postgres Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Gasparin
Subject Re: Connection Pooling directly on Postgres Server
Date
List pgsql-general
> This has certainly been discussed before.
>
> IIRC the real argument against that was, that fork() isn't the most
> expensive thing to do anymore. And Postgres does lots of other stuff
> after accept(), namely connecting to a certain database,
> authenticating the user, etc..
Ok. I knew that. I made the question because it seems that, for example,
Oracle in release 11g is moving to a similar solution in order to solve
connection pooling problems.

For example look at the following link:

http://pbarut.blogspot.com/2007/08/oracle-11g-drcp-database-resident.html

Denis