Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From apoc9009
Subject Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Date
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
List pgsql-hackers
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/warm-standby.html
> Particularly section 23.4.4

23.4.4 is thadt what iam using just im Time but this ist not eneought
for me!

No Versioning, no chances to prevent data losses

You have to wait until a WAL File ist written (Default Value for WAL
Files is 16 MBytes).

I need an EXCAT Copy from the Database and only the last changes in it
to for
updating my Backupresitory. If the System Crash, you have Dataloss of
over 16 MBytes
thadts Fatal and not acceptable! 1MByte Dataloss of ASCII Data is also
not acceptable!