Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> That doesnt make it a bad name. There are several very popular databases that
> have SQL in thier name.

But none that insist on pronunciations like "Mice Q. L." for "MySQL"
or "Microsofts Q. L. server" for "Microsoft SQL Server"

>> (Greenplum, MPP, Bizgres...).
>
> It says that they were concerned about the trademark issues around postgresql,
> and were concerned about not being able to differentiate thier products from
> the community postgresql product.

"BizgreSQL" surely wouldn't have had any trademark issues.
But I bet new users would have called it "Bizgre".