Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Decibel! wrote:
> I think we can just as easily make the change without any real fanfare
> at all.

I'm inclined to agree. For the most part we could all just slowly change
things to 'Postgres'. I doubt anyone would really notice, except we'd
get fewer people getting it wrong!

> I've gotten tired of using my real name in the PostgreSQL world
> (because everywhere else I'm known by my nickname), so I've been slowly
> migrating to not using my real name. I bet until recently (when I
> changed the name part of my email address) very few people noticed. Even
> with that change, no one has asked me about it yet.

If it makes you feel any better I've been meaning to, just haven't
gotten round to it yet :-).

/D