Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kamil Srot
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
Re: Tables dissapearing  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
Kamil Srot <kamil.srot@nlogy.com> writes:
Erik Jones wrote:
Have you verified that the table's files are still on disk after
it's "disappeared"?

Do not have any idea how to do it... I wasn't able to access it using
any DML/DDL commands... can try it on a binary backup of the damaged DB
if you'll guide me...
Make a note now of the table's "relfilenode" value (it'll be different
in each database), and confirm that you see it in the filesystem.  After
the next disappearance, see if anything's still there.  For background
read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/storage.html

OK, I have the filenames noted and I do confirm, they all does exist now under the base in the pgsql tree...
Note that certain operations like TRUNCATE and CLUSTER change the
relfilenode, so if you're using any of those then it might get harder to
track where the file is.

There is not any manipulation with the structure of the DB, so it'll stay the same...

Thank you!
--
Kamil