Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Julius Stroffek
Subject Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Frederick,

There is an article about tunning the performance of PostgreSQL on Solaris at
http://tweakers.net/reviews/649/9

which is not quite exactly of what you wanted but it might help you.

I think that Solaris has disk cache turned off by default which linux does not have
due to possible data loss in case of a power failure.

Regards,

Julo

Fredrik Bertilsson wrote:
Hi,
we are using Postgres on both Solaris servers and Linux servers, and Postgres are much slower on Solaris servers. We have tested with different versions of Solaris and Postgres, but the fact remains: Postgres seems to be much faster on Linux server. Does anybody else has the same experience?

Best regards,
Fredrik B